St. Patrick’s Day Crepes
On St. Patrick’s Day, it’s tradition to have everything green, from decor to outfit accessories, to celebrate the holiday. Now breakfast can be festive too with these St. Patrick’s Day crepes. Sweet and totally customizable, this breakfast is perfect for the early spring days of March.
For this simple recipe, you will need:
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Sliced fruit, chocolate, or filling of choice
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Whisk the milk, eggs, oil and food coloring in a small bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, sift the flour, salt and sugar together and make a well in the center.
- Pour ¾ of the milk mixture into the flour mixture and carefully mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Add the rest of the liquid and mix to form a thin batter without any lumps.
- If using a crepe maker- pour the batter into a shallow pie pan and dip the heated crepe maker into the mixture. Use a knife to peel up the edges of the crepe while it cooks. After about 20 seconds or until the crepe is bubbling, carefully peel it off the surface and repeat until the batter is gone.
- If using a stove top pan- pour ¼ cup of the batter into a buttered, heated pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook for 20-30 seconds then gently lift the crepe out of the pan. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Fill the crepes with colorful sliced fruit to achieve a St. Patrick’s Day rainbow crepe. Top with whipped cream or powdered sugar to complete this delicious breakfast.
This green breakfast is sure to bring you luck this holiday. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!