Learn how to make these delicious Brownie Bombs
The month of December is not only know for its holidays, but also for all the delicious food that people enjoy during this last month of the year. There are all of the traditional festive desserts, such as cookies, holiday bark, and pudding, but this is the year of changing things up.
A fun new dessert to spice up your holiday menu this year is Brownie Bombs. Brownie Bombs are rich, chocolate brownie balls, that surrounds a chocolate truffle. This recipe is quick, easy, and a fun treat to make and enjoy.
For the Brownie Bombs, you will need:
1 ¾ cups of flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
⅓ cup of vegetable oil
¼ cup of melted butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
9-10 Milk Chocolate Truffles
- Combine and mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a different large mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder until there is no visible sugar or cocoa powder.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the large mixing bowl and whisk with the ingredients from step two.
- Combine the dry ingredients in the medium mixing bowl with the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl by pouring about ½ cup of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mixing together completely. Repeat this step until the two bowls are fully combined.
- Take about 1-2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball.
- Take an unwrapped truffle and place it onto the dough ball, then rolling the truffle into the dough until it is completely surrounded.
- Place the ball on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until there is no dough left; typically there will be around nine or ten balls.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, sprinkle powdered sugar on the Brownie Bombs, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this chocolaty treat as much as I do!
*Original recipe from @buzzfeedtasty