Fall leaf bowl DIY
Fall is officially in full swing. With all the fun activities to partake in, such as carving pumpkins, going apple picking, or just curling up at home in a big comfy sweater, the autumn months are some of the most exciting times of the year. What better way to celebrate these fall festivities than by making some DIY decorations that can be used for Halloween all the way through Thanksgiving. One idea for a fall decoration, which I will be sharing with you, is a leaf bowl. This project is super simple and can be used as a candy bowl during Halloween, and can stay out as a decoration for the remainder of the season.
- 1 medium to large sized bowl
- Decorative leaves (enough to cover the surface of your bowl)
- Modge Podge
- 1 large paint brush
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Plastic wrap
- Brown Construction paper (optional)
- First, flip the bowl upside down and spray the outside evenly with cooking spray.
- Next, cover the outside of the bowl with plastic wrap and tuck the edges inside the bowl.
- Use modge podge to stick leaves around the outside of the bowl. I found it helpful to start in the top center of the bowl and arrange the leaves fanning out from the center as shown in the picture.
- Fill in any gaps with more leaves until the entire surface is covered, then add an additional layer of modge podge on top and let dry.
- After it is dry, you may want to cut out a piece of construction paper to modge podge onto the base of your bowl for additional support.
- If you feel that your bowl is not strong enough to support itself, continue to add layers of modge podge until it is stable enough to support itself.
- After the bowl is completely dry, flip the bowl over and gently peel the plastic wrap away from the base bowl (not the leaves yet).
- After removing the bowl, begin to gently peel the plastic wrap away from the leaf bowl.
- Fill with candy or use as a decoration.
I hope you enjoyed making this craft, and I hope you have a great fall as well!