Christmas Food DIY: Nutella Christmas Tree
It’s the most wonderful time of of year again and it would be a lie if people said they were not excited about all the food that came with it. There’s a lot of the normal holiday food that everyone has every year but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up and do something fun.explain the dish This dish is a twisted pastry that looks like a Christmas tree that would be good for a party because people can just tear off and it’s not very messy.
Nutella Christmas Tree
2 Puff Pastry sheets
Green sugar sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease it.
2. Separate pastry sheets and stack them on one another. Start cutting it at a diagonal on both sides, it does not come to an exact point at the top.
3. Score 2 lines down the middle of the triangle to form the trunk, then cut horizontally from there to form the bottom of the tree.
4. Take one pastry sheet and carefully start to spread Nutella on one side with the back of a spoon until completely covered.
5. Place the other pastry sheet exactly on top.
6. Using the trunk as a guide, start to cut the branches about 2 cm apart in all directions.
7. Twist the branches away from you trying to get 2 twists on the lower branches.
8. With leftover pastry scraps, cut out a star and stick it on the top of the tree.
9. Get to yolk from an egg and brush it lightly across all crevices.
10. Bake in preheated oven until puffy golden brown, for 14-15 minutes.
11. Sprinkle some powdered sugar, and green sugar sprinkles if you would like to add some color.
12. Let cool for five minutes.
Serve to you guests and enjoy!
This was served at a party as a favor and the feedback was great. Everyone loved it. It was cooked for 13 minutes when it was made so it was a little under baked.
Nancy Umberger, a guest at the party, enjoyed the dessert.
“The Christmas tree bread was so good and very decorative. It would make a great Christmas morning dessert,” said Umberger.
Hopefully you enjoy this different dessert and have a great Holiday season. From our family to yours, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!